ATC Syndicate Members Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STOP THOSE ANNOYING ADS WITH AN "AD BLOCKER"

2 posters

Go down

STOP THOSE ANNOYING ADS WITH AN "AD BLOCKER" Empty STOP THOSE ANNOYING ADS WITH AN "AD BLOCKER"

Post by Admin Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:58 pm

It has been brought to my attention today that there are annoying ads appearing on the forum.
This is one of the downsides to using a free forum platform.

I personally use Google Chrome as my internet browser and I have a free app installed called “Adblock Plus” which is obviously doing a very good job at stopping the ads from appearing on my computer screen – hence my ignorance in not knowing that they existed.

For those that use Google Chrome as their internet browser you may want to consider installing a free ad blocker such as Adblock or Adblock Plus. It is not only useful on this forum website, but on all websites that you visit.

These can be installed for free from the Chrome Web Store.  You can access this from the “Apps” button on the top left hand side of the Google Chrome browser screen or by doing a google search for “Chrome Web Store”.  In the Store just do a search for “ad blocker” and you will come up with a few different free choices.  Personally I have used Adblock and Adblock Plus very successfully.

For those of you not using Google Chrome (you may be using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc) you can also install Adblock Plus but you will need to go to the website https://adblockplus.org/ to install it.

Hope this helps.
Ray
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://atcsyndicatemembers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

STOP THOSE ANNOYING ADS WITH AN "AD BLOCKER" Empty Re: STOP THOSE ANNOYING ADS WITH AN "AD BLOCKER"

Post by barryf Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks Ray.  I clicked on one of those Ad Blockers- Ad Blocker Pro I think it was and that flashing Lotto ad seems to have disappeared. That was the annoying one as it was hard to get rid of and seemed to work on some type of loop system. Wasn't too fussed about the shoe sales pitch, or the games download, but if they don't provide any revenue to the site then they won't be missed either.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum