ATC Syndicate Members Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betters Pocket Trial

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Betters Pocket Trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Betters Pocket Trial

Post by Des Carruthers Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:32 am

As a layman I can't see why a horse that can run a 55.2 final 800m at Franklin last Saturday can not run past horses running a 62.3 final 800m this Saturday even though it was on a grass track with overall mile rates being similar. Major Star has beaten Guaranteed and Lenny the Shark and finished a nose second to Franco Nelson in the Harness Jewels leaving Mossdale Connor in his wake. Grass country Cup class is a big step down from those heights. Maybe it is time to lower expectations and hopes.
Bettors Pocket final mile in 1.58 (fastest) and last 800m in 56.5 going 4 wide around the turn ... going very well in Auckland class ... and a perfect drive by A Herlihy.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Yes Bettors Pocket was beaten on merit but still proved without question that he is competitive in his grade and can foot it with the better quality Alexandra Park horses. He ran his fastest ever 2200m in 2:41.6. Nice run and his next win is surely not too far away.

As for Star, well the trainer showed more confidence than the horse showed. A race mile rate of 2:12.6 should not have been too taxing with a final 800m run in 62.3 seconds. I for one expected more - he is racing against grass track country cup horses, not premier grade horses.
What is the general thought of others in regard to Art Major's being better 2,3 and 4 year olds but not making it as older horses.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:52 pm

A pretty good third placing today. Perfectly driven, given every chance but beaten on merit today. Good luck tomorrow with Major Star. Brent Mangos is very confident based on the article on HRNZ website.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi Des, sorry I have been a bit quiet on here lately but between deck rebuilding and renovations at home, along with many days of labour spent helping a cousin restore a 34 foot launch - I haven't been up for a breath since before Christmas.
Hence I haven't been to any horse workouts for months and have only been to the races on one occasion since Christmas. Time to bring some balance back into my activities me thinks.

I, like many, was very impressed with the way that Posie ran past some very nice horses coming down the straight. Tony Herlihy probably got a shock to see the ease with which Posie whipped past his drive Mastercraftsman. The TAB didn't like his chances and made him 7/7 in the betting, this was after his intended junior drivers race was abandoned and Posie was instead started in the higher classed C1-C2 race. He can compete in his grade and the quality of horses that race at Alexandra Park hold not fears.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:02 pm

cricket

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Hello, hello- are you receiving me? Busy line Des!

Yes, a very good run by Posie and he would have finished in the first 3 and possibly would have won if he had shown reasonable gate speed.

He continues to impress more and more in his condition each time I see him so just needs to work on that early speed to be able to dominate.

Major Star said to be likely to attend the workouts next week.

As with the Germans and the War- just don't mention the cricket- at the moment!

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:56 am

Hello, is anybody there?
A very nice performance from Bettors Pocket who was very unlucky being blocked all the way down the home straight. I backed him for a place paying $5 on the WA tote .... hmmm.
We wait another week for Some Change ... better safe than sorry if he has ability ... no rush.
What chance that Major Change wins twice at Manawatu this week?
Change Stride just won at Gloucester Park ... again.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:43 am

After a couple of strong runs this campaign Bettors Pocket faces a difficult task from the inside of the back row against some pretty smart horses. I am looking for him to run home late, hopefully into a place. After looking at the Chariots of Fire final field I still fancy The Faithful to be competitive if driven with a sit and able to make his short sharp 400m run to the finish. Major Change was seemingly in a winning position last start but failed to finish it off. He still ran the second fastest time and was 10 lengths behind the winner soon after the start. I am very much looking forward to watching Some Change at the workouts as our best horses are currently not racing in the top races and hopes are high for Some Change. What is the general chat about ATC2017 ... has anybody developed a liking for any particular yearling from the catalogue?

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Betters Pocket Trial - Page 2 Empty Betters Pocket Trial

Post by nealclan Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Wow he looks good  grown and filled out.  Run along at back of the field Tony Cameron said he did all he was supposed to do
none of the field tried to compete with the orange Agent as he went like he was processed. but none of the other horses tried to compete with him

nealclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2