ATC Syndicate Members Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 2016 Yearling Sales

3 posters

Go down

February 2016 Yearling Sales Empty Re: February 2016 Yearling Sales

Post by barryf Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Conwell wrote:I'm guessing the logic behind this is to support breeders in the North Island?

ATC 2016 syndicate horse Extra Blast was purchased by Tony Herlihy at the Christchurch sales last year, so I guess it's still possible to buy from the Christchurch sale if you can't find a suitably priced one at Auckland.

Yes- that has been the reason given for trainers to support the Auckland sale.
However the Auckland sale looks like being very strong due to the limited numbers  and the high quality of the stock from a pedigree viewpoint , compared to Christchurch, so it looks like being difficult to fill the order book within the budget  My guess is that there is a fair chance that one or more trainers will wait for the later sale.

From memory I think that Bing and Chocks Away from the 2001 syndicate were purchased in Christchuch and there may have been others in the early days, as well as Extra Blast which you refer to.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm guessing the logic behind this is to support breeders in the North Island?

ATC 2016 syndicate horse Extra Blast was purchased by Tony Herlihy at the Christchurch sales last year, so I guess it's still possible to buy from the Christchurch sale if you can't find a suitably priced one at Auckland.

Conwell

Back to top Go down

February 2016 Yearling Sales Empty February 2016 Yearling Sales

Post by ray the beancounter Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:16 pm

The sales are not that far away now.
I understand that the normal ATC syndicate policy is to be followed in that the three selected trainers for the 2017 ATC syndicate are requested to purchase their horses where possible at the Auckland sales rather than at Christchurch.  This seems bizarre.
There are 151 lots listed at Auckland less (currently) 6 withdrawals = 145 lots for sale.  You can probably further reduce that by removing all of the trotters which are far less likely to be owned by an ATC syndicate, but we won't go there.
Christchurch has 374 lots listed less (currently) 17 withdrawals = 357 lots for sale.
A total of 502 lots currently for sale with only 28.8% of those for sale in Auckland and thus 71.2% for sale in Christchurch.
Why restrict the trainers to only choosing from 28.8% of the available horses?
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down