ATC Syndicate Members Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Star - RIP big fella........

3 posters

Go down

Major Star - RIP big fella........ Empty Re: Major Star - RIP big fella........

Post by barryf Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Yes- very sad to read this news

I watched the race in delay that night  and the fall did look very serious originally with legs buckling severely as Star hit the ground, but the commentator said words to the effect that the horse and driver were standing so I hoped for a positive outcome.  Sadly, not so.

He gave us so many thrilling moments from the time he first appeared on the track, to his almost dead heat at the Jewels and a number of top wins. And he showed a brave heart when recovering from that sudden setback during a race at Alexandra Park.

R.I.P.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Gutted to hear this news,was a heavy fall but I was hoping for the best so sad to read he suffered such a bad injury.We just lost our dog of over 12yrs last week so is a double blow.Have so enjoyed following Star in Australia,seeing him thrive on racing there and performing so well. Despite no longer owning a part in him he sure did give us some fun times in NZ so been easy to carry on cheering him on in Auss.Gonna miss the big fella,RIP Major Star !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Star at start of career and photofinish of his unlucky 2nd to Franco Nelson in the Jewells.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

geejay

Back to top Go down

Major Star - RIP big fella........ Empty Major Star - RIP big fella........

Post by ray the beancounter Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Star was in the form of his life and due to a stumble in front of him while racing last night Star had a bad fall.
The Stewards Report is available on the Harness Racing NSW website and reads:
"A post-race veterinarian examination of MAJOR STAR NZ revealed the gelding to have suffered a compound open fracture to its nearside hind tibia. In view of the major injury, MAJOR STAR NZ was humanely euthanized."
I'm gutted to read this..................
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down