ATC Syndicate Members Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page

4 posters

Go down

Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page Empty Re: Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page

Post by geejay Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:26 pm

"Happy for the major change which has been made."Just had to steal that from Barryf, Very Happy
That was more an attempt to excuse my laziness to click my mouse too much that comment of mine about being used to the format of newest post on first page but not disappointed to see you decided to give it a trial run Ray.
Like that sneeking Major Change into the post like this,good luck with him friday night, the way he began his career things certainly looked bright for the future so been a bit shocked he hasn't managed to carry on with it.Hopefully he can turn things around and soon.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page Empty Re: Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page

Post by ray the beancounter Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:09 am

Barry, thanks for highlighting the fact that the syndicate get-together on Friday evening is in the 3rd floor Hobson Room (the "old members lounge" - even though there will still be plenty of "old" members still there.........).
I skimmed over the article in the most recent newsletters and registered the date but did not recognise that the venue was different from the usual Tasman Room.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by barryf Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:28 am

It fooled me the first time I logged in with Page 6 being a historical post but I can see the merit it not having to click on to the latest page.

So happy for the major change which has been made.

Re Friday night, the old members' lounge will be in congestion shock after having "catered" for the 10 to 20 regulars over recent years to now be expected to house 190 yelling, screaming, excited syndicate members.
Just hope the foundations can deal with the activity.

barryf

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:46 pm

I can only dream of semi retirement but there are definitely days when the mind and body seek it sooner rather than later. The constant demands of clients on an aging mind makes me wonder more and more often if it is really worth the long hours.

I am not complaining about the slightly quieter times of late when it comes to horse activity. I made a commitment to help a close relative purchase and restore a 34 foot launch that was built in the mid 1960’s. A 6 month tidy-up project has become a 16 month total restoration, but we can see light at the end of the tunnel and are looking at re-launching around Christmas time. My weekends are thus taken up with days of hard labour, therefore much reducing my current ability to attend race meetings and workouts. Next year will hopefully be a different story as I get back to a more normal horse orientated lifestyle, or at least a better balance than I currently have.

I have to totally agree with you regarding The Faithful – he is one gutsy little horse that gives 100% effort and is very much a winning prospect.
As for Major Change, not only do all of the factors that you mention have to be brought into play, but the stars also have to be properly aligned as well. My money stays in my pocket with that horse, I am not tempted to unload at the TAB.

It sounds as though it is a good thing that you have cricket to fall back on at the moment – good luck.
I had to have a giggle to myself when I read your comment about your wife, her laptop and the game playing – bloody hell that sounds so familiar. These days I don’t even tell wifey about me buying another share in a horse – I don’t want to ruin her game score, I am thoughtful like that….
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Thank you ray the beancounter.
I have just completed a full term of teaching and am now back in semi retirement. The horse front is very quiet between races so roll on Friday. I am off to Melbourne on Thursday to visit family and take in a few race meetings. I am staying in Cranbourne but all the trot meetings are on the other side of Melbourne or up near the NSW border.
The Faithful has to be right in the Holmes DG on Friday even if he races in the death seat. I wonder how many of the other starters you could say the same about them? ... None I think.
Major Change could be right in his race if several horses contest the lead, they keep the pace on mid race, he gets a cart up into the race, he has his mind switched on and can run similar final sectionals to last week.
After 6 months since our losing cricket grand final, the season got under way last Saturday with a wash out. I am away this week end and so will have to wait until week three. I have been attending the state veterans trials in preparation for the national carnival in November so cricket will have to replace trotting for a while until our six unraced horses hit the racetrack.
I am going to night 1 of the interdominion and staying in Perth overnight. Gloucester Park is right next to the CBD so a great night is expected. My wife will take her lap top and play Candy Crush all evening and say "Yes dear" whenever I share any trotting observations.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page Empty Posts are now shown with most recent on the first page

Post by ray the beancounter Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:43 pm

After much searching through the forum settings and control panel I have managed to find a setting that allows the order of posts to be set.  Dizzy

As per a sensible suggestion by geejay I have changed the order of the posts so that the most recent posts now show at the top of the first page, instead of at the bottom of the last page.

Is everybody okay with this change?
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum