ATC Syndicate Members Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere...

4 posters

Go down

Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere... Empty Re: Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere...

Post by geejay Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:49 am

Advert now on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] though it does share and swap the righthand size space with other adds so not always in sight.Good on Harnesslink site though don't know if this will remain on main page long or if it can be refreshed now and again.Probably good idea for everyone to share this link on social media asking friends to also share it around, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and share it regularly to increase the likelyhood of it getting seen by those who may have an interest or know of someone that may.

geejay

Back to top Go down

Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere... Empty Re: Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere...

Post by ray the beancounter Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Article now up on the Harnesslink website regarding Belle, with a link to the tender documents.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conwell Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 am

That's good to hear that the tender deadline is being extended, so that the advertising will still be up for a while.

A 4pm deadline on a Friday is a little awkward for the working folk to be able to attend. I may have to work from home that day. Smile

I'm not too sure if selling her around yearling sales time will turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing. You would expect some extra traffic around at the moment with people looking to buy, but is anyone going to spend their money on a broodmare instead of a yearling? Unlikely, but I guess it won't matter to the larger breeding operations as they'll be doing more selling than buying at this time of year. Fingers crossed for a good result....

Conwell

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:33 pm

I have had an email reply from Rob and all is about to proceed in the next day or two with the tender deadline pushed out a week to 4pm on Friday 3rd March.
Suits me fine as I was unable to attend the original tender closing deadline on 24th February.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:20 pm

I have just now checked my home email, from work, and there has been no reply from Rob.
As regards the advertising issue and the yearling sales I would put a different spin on it. I think that it is the perfect opportunity (assuming that you can actually get the advertising space) to be advertising her sale. The traffic volume from both NZ and Australia would be well up at the moment with people accessing the HRNZ website to do their homework on yearlings that they may be interested in, their respective sires, dams, associated family links, and so on in order to look up race and workout results, times, etc.
The more people accessing these harness websites the more exposure Belle's advert will get.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by geejay Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 am

ray the beancounter wrote:I agree that this is poor management of the tender process as 22 days have passed since the meeting approving the sale by tender - with only 17 days left until the original proposed tender closing date deadline.
I have tonight emailed Rob seeking clarification of the intended advertising campaign and also asking whether the original tender closing deadline will still stand or whether this is to be extended accordingly.

Await with much interest to hear Rob's reply.Have also found it strange no adverts yet for Belle's sale ,have to presume there must be some change to the deadline now so little time left until that date.
I see yearling sales time of year about to start in NZ and already started in Auss and carry on there through March,so may be very bad timing to be selling Belle right now.These must have a big influence on where buyers interest and money is concentrated at this time.
Am surprised the fact these sales were approaching that this wasn't talked about,or was it ?, when the decision to sell Belle was taken. scratch Presume with these sales too that good advertising space online could be in short supply !

geejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ray the beancounter Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:57 pm

I agree that this is poor management of the tender process as 22 days have passed since the meeting approving the sale by tender - with only 17 days left until the original proposed tender closing date deadline.
I have tonight emailed Rob seeking clarification of the intended advertising campaign and also asking whether the original tender closing deadline will still stand or whether this is to be extended accordingly.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Carruthers Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 pm

It is now Feb 7th and I still have not seen any advertising for the sale of Ideal Belle. Lots of Breckon Farm ads for the yearling sales so I would imagine that Ideal Belle would appear in similar publications. Potential purchasers need time to have discussions and to make plans so hopefully we will see something soon.

Des Carruthers

Back to top Go down

Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere... Empty Let us know if you see Belle advertised anywhere...

Post by ray the beancounter Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Only 3 weeks left until the tenders close on 24th February and I am still yet to see her advertised for sale. I hope all the proposed plans to advertise in the places mentioned and to "advertorial" on various websites do come to fruition fairly quickly. The upcoming yearling sales will be generating a higher than normal level of traffic to NZ harness websites so we need to get her details out there as soon as possible to attract the attention of these local and overseas potential buyers.
ray the beancounter
ray the beancounter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down